Standards that you can expect
Your support workers should:
- Complete the tasks set out in your support plan
- Arrive as near as possible to the time stated in the care plan. If however, they are delayed by an emergency or road conditions every effort will be made to contact you
- Wear a uniform that Circle of Care provides
- Be polite and courteous
- Maintain a good standard of appearance
- Keep all your personal and financial matters strictly confidential
- Respect your rights and dignity and promote your independence at all times
- Respond to changes in your needs and help to put you in touch with other agencies when necessary
- Show respect for your home, belongings, personal preferences and personal standards of behavior
- Have the knowledge, skills and competence to carry our their work with you
If you have concerns about any aspect of these or other sections of your care package, you should contact the management team at any time.
The quality of services
Circle of care always seek to ensure you get the best possible care at all times.
As a result of this every member of staff undertakes quality assurance visits and quality control checks. These visits enable us to improve services by acting upon your feedback. Every six months a team manager or senior support worker will visit you to ensure that your needs and expectations are being met. You will have the opportunity to talk with them directly and have a friend or relative present. You may also contact any of the team at the head office any time to express any view or concerns.
Once a year, you will be given a questionnaire asking you to record your satisfaction or otherwise with the care your are receiving. The results of the survey will be collated and presented to the senior management group and a copy will be forwarded to CQC.
Either a team manager or a senior support worker will also undertake a quality control check on all support workers. This involves them visiting and assessing support workers on duty to monitor the support we deliver. If this visit is planned to take place in your home, we will contact you to discuss this and seek your consent.
All of these quality measures are strictly confidential and treated very seriously by Circle of Care as they form a major part of the way ensure the quality of the care that we deliver to you.
Compliments, comments and complaints
Circle of Care welcomes any comments, compliments or complaints about the services delivered or suggestions on how to improve the care services provided.
All comments, compliments or complaints about the service provided within any service user’s home can be made verbally, in writing or by telephone and will be treated seriously. Compliments or complaints can be made to Circle of Care, your local social services department or the care quality commission.
You have the right to make a comment or complain about
- Services you have received
- Lack of service
- A plan or decision affecting you or someone close to you
It is your right to have your complaint filly investigated. Unless we know your concerns we cannot help you, so please let us know.
You will find a form for compliments, comments and complaints at the foot of this web page. Please use the form to tell us what you think about our services.
You also have the opportunity to complain to the care quality commission or your local social services department with the contact details provided to you.
If you are dissatisfied with the way the complaint is dealt with or with the outcome of the investigation, you have the right to appeal. To do this, you can telephone or write to the manager of Circle of Care.